Covid-19 Sub Heading
Once we open, the safety of our guests, staff and the community remains paramount. We have been guided by the BH&HPA (British Holiday & Home Parks Association) to put in place procedures to help protect us all against the spread of Coronavirus ( Covid – 19).
We will be opening the campsite with reduced numbers helping support local businesses, whilst hopefully making sure all medical services and our 1 main hospital in Cornwall can cope.
All customers with bookings taken before lockdown will be offered the chance to rearrange their holiday for 2021 (carrying forward the deposit already paid) or a full refund of monies.
Pitch Up customers – We are happy to transfer bookings to 2021 otherwise refunds will need to be applied directly through pitchup.com
Any campers wishing to change an existing booking are asked to contact us as soon as possible.
We know that lots of you will have been affected by the Corona Virus and our thoughts are with you all.
We would like to thank you for all your kind messages, willingness to transfer bookings to 2021 and your continued support.
For those holidaying with us, social distancing measures will have to be in place for the foreseeable future and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please take note of the following updates and procedures/site rules;
- Final payments must be made in advance over the telephone by debit or credit card or internet banking transfer (details available on request) before arrival.
- If you or anyone you live with feels unwell with Covid-19 symptoms – don’t travel – stay at home and get a test. You must not leave your home for any reason. For stay at home guidance visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance.
- Your accommodation provider can refuse your stay if you are showing Covid-19 symptoms on arrival.
- Have a plan in case you get ill while away – especially if you are travelling on public transport and need to get home quickly.
- Remember to pack hand sanitiser and face coverings and any medication you may need plus your own GP details.
- You must not travel if you or any of your family are experiencing Covid -19 symptoms;
A high temperature
A new continuous cough
A loss or change to sense of smell or taste
or if you have recently been with someone who has been tested positive for
Covid-19 or have been contacted by NHS track and trace.
Whilst on holiday:
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms whilst on holiday, please arrange a test using your holiday address. You can order a test from www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119. You MUST notify your accommodation provider immediately.
- If you are contacted by Test & Trace whilst on holiday you MUST notify your accommodation provider immediately that you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and asked to self-isolate.
- If you are well enough to return home by private transportation, then please do so and self-isolate at home. Do not use public transport.
- Seek further guidance from https://www.visitengland.com/planning-holiday-in-england website.
- You will need to bring your own sanitisers, gloves and PPE required for your family for the duration of your stay.
- Reception will be closed. All arrivals are to wait in designated waiting area until a member of staff approaches you in your vehicle. You will be checked in, given a guide on site procedures ( please read) and shown to your pitch.
- Please call the office on 01209 831736 from your mobile for assistance.
- We urge you to read and follow all notices, they are their for your safety.
- We have installed foam & gel sanitising units around the amenities block as well as soap dispensers at all water points. We urge you to use before & after entering or touching surfaces etc.
- Parcels or postal deliveries will not be permitted.
- Supermarket deliveries will not be allowed in order to support vulnerable locals.
- SORRY, NO VISITORS WILL BE PERMITTED ON SITE.
- All customers must abide by the Governments social distancing measures.
- The laundry room will be open daily. Face masks must be worn with surfaces sprayed before and after use (disinfectant spray will be supplied).
- The chemical disposal point will be open 24/7 with hand sanitiser and disinfectant spray to use before and after use.
- The washing up areas will be open with social distancing measures in place. We ask that all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected after use. Disinfectant spray will be provided. You will need to bring your own disposable dishcloths etc. Face masks must be worn.
- The wetsuit/dog wash will be open with disinfectant spray for customers to clean surfaces touched before and after use.
- Picnic benches must be completely wiped down with customers disinfectant spray before and after use.
- The onsite shop will be closed as will the information leaflet centre. Please plan your daily excursions in advance. Many venues will have a booking system in place and may not except footfall customers.
- Supermarkets can be found in Hayle (Asda & Lidl) and Camborne (Tesco, Morrisons & Aldi) approx 5 miles away. Nearest convenience store is in Carnhell Green Post Office (approx 1/2 mile) where they operate on a one in one out basis.
- We are hoping to have independent food vans on site. They will be responsible for ensuring Coronavirus ( Covid – 19) procedures are followed.
- Food takeaway deliveries are allowed to be delivered to customers outside reception only.
- Only portable showers that collect the water for emptying will be allowed. Water to be emptied at the waste water disposal points.
- The site washing lines have been removed please bring your own Rotary Lines. Tied washing lines to trees etc are not acceptable.
- Gas bottles can be exchanged at the local garage in Connor Downs.
- Please do not allow children to roam unsupervised around the park so that they do not, albeit inadvertently, break the social distance rule.
- Please abide by the Government social distancing rules.
- If you become unwell with Covid 19 symptoms during your stay, you must follow our guidelines in your welcome pack.
- Lastly, please do enjoy your holiday. Its been a tough start to the year for so many of us in so many different ways, your holiday is important to us as well as your safety. We are looking forward to seeing you all very soon!
Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you all well.
The Team, Higher Trevaskis